Friday, April 10, 2009

Cupcakes that might REALLY take over the world!


So I've been craving something for dessert that's safe and really good. I was looking around online for recipes and I came across this great Web site: http://vegancupcakes.wordpress.com/ I was inspired and got her cookbook from the library. It's called Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World. Last night I made her basic vanilla cupcakes (subing rice milk for the soy milk in her recipe). They were AWESOME! I mean it. They were simply divine. Moist, light, and super flavorful.
The hubby, who is not dairy/soy free ate one and announced "These are the best cupcakes I've had in my entire life." Wow. That's pretty high praise, and I'm inclined to believe him. Plus, I was pleased with myself for whipping them up so easily. HA!
If you're looking for soy/dairy free treats, you should definitely check out this book. It has a lot of soy products in the recipes, since soy is vegan, but you can easily sub rice milk for most instances of soy milk, and shortening or canola oil for vegan margarine. There are a few recipes that won't work with easy substitutions, but there are enough that will to warrent checking this out. I'm telling you, you won't be sorry! And who cares if you're not vegan - you're still allowed to eat these! Yum. I think I need to make another batch. Perhaps I'll try the chocolate ones this time......

No comments:

Post a Comment