Monday, July 25, 2011

Take Two

It's been awhile since I blogged on here, and that's primarily because my daughter is now 3, and thankfully back on dairy and soy. After a year of breastfeeding, we tried her on milk, and she was fine. In fact, it's now one of her favorite things. So there is hope. Hang in there.

That being said, I'm back on the blog, as we just had our second daughter (3 weeks ago) and it appears she may be allergic to dairy and soy too...so I'm off both until further notice.

I'll be updating the blog with more ideas, recipes, and reviews, as I get back into the whole dairy/soy free business again. So check back soon.

In the mean time, I will say that I'm surprised at how many new options there are, just 3 years later, in the dairy/soy free product market. So while I'm bummed, I'm also hopeful that it will be easier this time around.

Stay tuned!

7 comments:

  1. Good luck! I am also a dairy/soy free mama for my nursling and it has been an interesting journey. I <3 Earth Balance soy free buttery spread and spectrum's soy-free shortening. Also, there are lots of coconut milk based ice cream treats out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in the same boat. One of my twins cannot handle dairy or soy and to make it just a bit more difficult I have Celiac Disease, which means I am gluten-free too!
    This must be new since you first started the blog, but the Almond Milk by Blue Diamond is dairy, soy & gluten free and Costco carries it in bulk! My question is can I add lemon juice to it to make buttermilk?
    Thanks so much for sharing all you have learned!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Autumn, you can add red wine vinegar to make it buttermilk. I do it for one of my Dairy and Soy free cupcake recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does it have to be red wine vinegar? Would regular old vinegar work too, do you suppose?

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to find this site! My almost 4 month old seems to have a dairy/soy issue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never heard of such a thing, today I found out my 2.5 month old has a dairy allergy. She has been pooping blood. I have a 3 year old boy and he never had any problems like this. I'm allergic to soy and allmonds. This is going to be a hard journey of breast feeding.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My 4-month old baby may have allergy too as she pooped with blood streak. I wonder how do you know what products tricker this allergy? Why you choose only to have dairy / soy free diet only? What about other food such as seafood, nuts?

    ReplyDelete